Tips for first-time home sellers
- Price it right
- Team up with professionals
- Show and tell – online
As a first-time seller, one of the most important things to remember is to remain realistic especially when it comes to home prices. Why? This affects how your property is perceived by potential homebuyers who have a wealth of options online.
Realtors are experts for a reason – they have local market knowledge and the training and experience to sell your home as quickly as possible and at the best price. Navigate the waters of Los Angeles real estate with trustworthy experts like Nordine Realtors, whose track record in the LA housing market, including foreclosures and short sales, is unparalleled.
Prospective homebuyers now scour real estate websites to look for their dream homes. Make your listing attractive by providing professional-quality pictures of your home that:
- Highlight the positive aspects of the property
- Show the exteriors
- Are arranged in a sequence that mimics the flow and direction of a tour of the property in real life
Increase your property’s value by making upgrades that matter. Replace broken fixtures, add storage, finish the basement, and renovate the kitchen and bathrooms, if needed. And don’t forget to improve the view from the curb – a fresh coat of paint on the porch and the addition of potted plants, for example.
- First, get rid of the clutter.
- Second, hide your personal mementos (souvenirs and other knickknacks).
- Third, clean your place thoroughly.
- Fourth, move furniture around to make your home more spacious (or, put the extra stools, side tables, etc. in storage).
- Finally, make sure your staged home looks neutral – so the broadest number of prospective buyers can envision themselves owning the space.
For more on the home-selling process, call Leo Nordine at 310-357-9732 or visit our Los Angeles office.